Vienna Historical Society Meeting
May 31, 2011
1. Call to order/ Pledge of Allegiance
2. Trophy Case - Will wait until the new township building is in order before we get a cost on one. There is $300.00 earmarked for this in the account.
3. Memorial Day - Despite weather and muddy conditions, many people attended. About thirty people viewed the Civil War display at the Gazebo.
4. Newsletter - Was handed out at Memorial Day observance in the Memorial Auditorium.
5. Historical Society shirts are available to members for $7.00. There is interest in Vienna Township shirts without the Historical Society Logo. Pam Klinger can print some assorted sizes and colors. Can be sold for about $10.00 as another profit making item for the Society.
There was a vote taken in favor of selling the shirts
6. As part of the Historical Society Lauren may offer a Gravestone Art and Symbolism Tour in the cemetery for Home Day.
7. Cemetery Preservation Days will be Saturdays, 9:00am-Noon on the following dates: June 11, July 9, August 13. Bob Coupland will make sure this appears in the Tribune.
8. Cemetery Walk: Need Scripts by September 27th meeting. Will need all volunteers signed up by that day. Looking at October 22nd & 23rd to be the dates for the walk, which will have 5-6 stops.
9. Home Day: Starting to get advertising for program.
10. Summer concerts begin July 10.
11. Treasurer's Report.
12. Speaker: Shirley Wajda, "Vienna's Civil War: A Research Update."