Vienna Historical Society
January 31, 2012, 7:00 pm
Present: Christine Novicky, Natalie Novicky, Dallas Goodall, Pam Klinger, Warren Clower, Pam Clower, Shirley Selbe, Phil Pegg, Lance Klinger, Phil Otte, Jo-An Otte, Shirley Wajda, Michelle Garman, Heidi Brown, Vicki Anzur.
Agenda and discussions:
1. Approval of minutes from March and November 2011.
2. Election of Board members: Lance Klinger-term expires 2013; Phil Pegg-term expires 2012.
3. Wine Tasting tickets are available. We will take names next meeting for helpers.
4. A vote was taken on 50/50 or basket raffle to be won with drawings to be held at 4:30 and 7:30.
5. Christine said the snacks for the wine tasting are being donated.
6. Memberships are being accepted for the new year.
7. Speaker and Program Committee: Phil Pegg, Natalie Novicky, and Shirley Wajda. Any suggestions are welcome.
8. Cemetery Walk Committee: Shirley Wajda, Vicki Anzur, and Christine Novicky.
9. Home Day Committee: to be determined. Suggestions for parade: lawn chair drill team and awareness of War of 1812.
10. Shirley Wajda inquired about starting a Viennapedia and was given the okay.
11. It was suggested that we put the merchandise for sale on Viennahistory.org.
12. Shirley Wajda raised the idea of an historical marker for the Green. It was recommended we undertake fundraising for a marker which may cost $2,500.00 to $3,000.00.
13. Phil Pegg gave Warren Clower information about repairing the slate roof on the cemetery caretaker’s building.
14. Shirley Wajda said that the Local History Gathering is meeting on Thursday April 5, 2012 at 9:00 am.
15. Dallas Goodall passed out the treasurer’s report and showed papers that Dean Scott gave to the Vienna Historical Society.
16. Michelle Garman is forwarding the information to Bob Coupland about the Wine Tasting.
Submitted by Pam Klinger, Secretary