Vienna Historical Society
Board of Directors Meeting, February 28, 2012, 6:30 pm
Present-Christine Novicky, Natalie Novicky, Dallas Woodall, Pam Klinger, Pamela Clower, Phil Pegg, Shirley Wajda, Lance Klinger
Agenda and Discussions
- Approval of minutes from January 2012.
Motion-Phil Pegg second- Shirley Wajda
- Approval of Treasurer's report. Motion-Phil Pegg second-Shirley Wajda
- Discussion on who contacts media to promote event they set up. The person that set up event promotes it.
A budget of $50.00 per meeting times 7 meetings per year totaling $350.00 per year for guest speakers.
- Shirley Wajda suggested for April’s meeting we have a “Show and Tell.”
- Christine Novicky checked with Wine Styles if there is a problem of a low count for the first sitting; there isn’t.
The 50/50 tickets are donated by Phil Pegg and the cost set at 1 ticket for $2.00, 3 tickets for $5.00.
- Shirley Wajda is working on Viennapedia.
- Thank- you notes will be sent to donors. We need to pick a letterhead.
- Secretary will send minutes to Shirley Wajda to put on Vienna History website so minutes can be read prior to meeting.
- A check will be written to Vienna Neighborhood Watch for the money for Vienna Home Day being held by Vienna Historical Society. Motion Phil Pegg second-Pam Clower
Sally Thomas was the Guest speaker, giving a talk about the Underground Railroad. There were 26 people in attendance.
Christine Novicky will email the members for help with the Cemetery Walk.
Submitted by Pam Klinger, Secretary