Vienna Historical SocietyDecember 13, 2013
Present: Christine Novicky, Dylan Anders, Norma Brink, Pam Clower, Phil Pegg, Pam Klinger
Absent: Dallas Woodall, Shirley Wajda, Lance Klinger
President Christine Novicky reported:
(1) Dylan Anders, Tribune’s 20 Under 20 Award Winner, banquet held 12/3
(2) Sent notes of thanks to:
Motion-Dylan Anders, Second-Pam Clower
(4) Approved fiscal report showing January – August 2013 transactions
Motion-Pam Clower, Second-Norma Brink
(5) Historian's Report (Shirley Wajda) was read – updates on Viennapedia, Facebook (161 likes) & webpage.
(6) Historical marker new delivery date 1/14, was supposed to be 12/13. Sewah Studios informed Christine Novicky that marker needed remade to to manufacturing issue. $2754.15 - Payment has been made. Estimating Late Spring dedication.
(7) Tax exempt status paperwork filed by Rick Sheridan of Small Business Management free of charge. Sending a fruit basket sold by Job's Daughters for $24 as a gift of thanks to Small Business Management.
(8) Treasurer Dallas Woodall told to change IRS address from his office to Vienna Town Hall post office box. Society is still not tax exempt according to IRS website.
(9) Statement of continued existence filed by Rick Sheridan. This State of Ohio form must be filed yearly. Address needs changed to post office box.
(10) Will set date to visit High School to recruit students to join Historical Society.
(11) Home Day booth and games earned $50.00. Lot of activity at the booth. Shirley Wajda and other volunteers were on hand to answer questions. Winner of basket raffle was Sandy Miller. Lauren Worona created and oversaw a self-guided tour of cemetery and tour of iconography for children.
(12) Wine Taste at Winestyles or Country Porch February 8th. Will check on availability.
(13) Need to set up forms for gifts and donations and find a place to store them. Concern for gifts: Board members should vote to accept items!
(14) John Hinely of the VFD recently donated unwanted pictures from Fire Department.
(15) The eagle on top of Soldiers and Sailors Monument needs repair or replacement, but will be in place for Memorial Day, even if original is temporarily placed on the monument.
(16) Future program ideas: Butts Museum, Liz Clarke, Vienna Clocks (Chris Klingemier.), Barnheisel House, antique tractor club.
(17) Voted 2014 Officers: President-Christine Novicky, Vice President-Pam Clower, Treasurer-Pam Klinger, Secretary-Dylan Anders.